From: Sergey Mironov <ierton@×××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] glibc+iconv
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:30:53
2011/10/14 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
> On Thursday 13 October 2011 15:15:40 Sergey Mironov wrote: >> Hello. I have my arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi system which uses glibc and >> busybox. Recently I realised that iconv program doesn't exist in the >> tree. I've compared host's and target's glibc file lists and found >> that arm's version doesn't install anything to >> /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin. What can be the cause of this? >> Small C program shows that iconv_open function returns error code just >> like if there is no iconv at all. How shoud I make arm's iconv work? > > see glibc's files/eblits/src_compile.eblit: >        is_crosscompile && sed -i '1ibuild-programs = no' config.make > > i imagine disabling that line will get you `iconv` > -mike >
Thanks, I will try it! Am I understand correctly that iconv itself (library, not program) is a part of glibc and it is not possible to exclude it during the build? So despite the lack of program I should still have fully functional library.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] glibc+iconv Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>