From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crash proofing a system from power cutoffs
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 19:33:45
1 On Sunday 08 January 2012 12:59:16 Kfir Lavi wrote:
2 > I'll need to crash proof a Gentoo system from electricity cutoffs.
3 > I have a system with 8GB of flash drive.
4 > I created a small system ~100mb as the target system.
5 > I thought of creating 5 200mb paratitions of raid1. So 5 will be mirrored.
6 > What do you think of this solution?
7 >
8 > Do you have more ideas how to keep the system intact ?
9 > I'm creating ext4 partitions, but would like to hear some opinions on that
10 > fileystem.
11
12 what is your flash tech exactly ? it's a USB thumb drive ?
13
14 the best way to avoid problems is:
15 - use read-only mounts wherever possible
16 - use tmpfs for all scratch space you don't care about (many logs fall into
17 this category with embedded devices)
18 - for the few places you do write to disk, make sure to fdatasync()
19 -mike