From: Jason Grimm <jason.grimm@×××××××××××.net>
To: david@×××××××××.com, Heath Holcomb <hholcomb@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] baselayout
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:19:25
1 Just got on the lists and irc a couple of weeks ago, but I to have noticed
2 that activity is light. I'm developing on the Soekris 45xx platform with
3 mini-pci and pcmcia wireless cards and 128 Mb compact flash. I've had luck
4 with monobsd and debian who both have concentrations in embedded
5 initiatives. Gentoo is my distro of choice however and I'm anxious to get
6 something going with that. I've been trying to build from scratch and
7 possibly adapt some of the disk on chip stuff that's mentioned in this post
8 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=83983&highlight=compact+flash but
9 am having little success, mostly due to being unfamiliar with ulibc or how
10 to squeeze down gentoo to fit and force all the heavy read write into
11 ramdisks or tempfs. If I had a starting point, like a baselayout or build,
12 I could report back a lot of information to the group in tailoring for the
13 Soekris platform, but left to my own it will probably take me months.
14
15 Also, is there anyway to access this mailing lists archives, I didn't see a
16 link anywhere on the gentoo site to get to the archives.
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Jason
21 ----- Original Message -----
22 From: <david@×××××××××.com>
23 To: "Heath Holcomb" <hholcomb@×××××××××.com>
24 Cc: <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
25 Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:03 PM
26 Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] baselayout