From: "Enno \\\"Gottox\\\" Boland" <gottox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] What file system I should use with flash?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 05:51:32
1 Hi!
2
3 Well I think the best filesystems for flash are jffs2, squashfs, or
4 cramfs. squashfs and cramfs are readonly filesystems. cramfs is more
5 minimalistic. It even dont save timestamps. If you need a
6 rw-filesystem jffs2 is your choice.
7
8 I dont know if this filesystems are supported, I even dont know if a
9 filesystem must be supported by a distribution. I build my userspaces
10 with the help of uClibcs buildroot.
11
12 Enno Boland