From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev messes up system headers, etc
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:13:59
1 On Thursday 19 October 2006 14:35, Christopher Friedt wrote:
2 > after that, i attempted to emerge another package. After a couple of
3 > tries, i noticed the same errors.
4 >
5 > It turns out that crossdev had done something unexpected, and removed
6 > several system headers, and left my machine in a pretty useless state
7 > for development. I can no longer compile anything, not even a kernel.
8
9 if you read the code, it only deletes files with CTARGET in them and any
10 recursive operations are done with `rm -i`
11
12 you'd have to give more info than "it deleted things"
13
14 > So obviously, I'd like to ask anyone for some sort of suggestion to get
15 > my native development chain back.
16
17 you can just grab a stage3, create bin pkgs, and then use them
18
19 > Why is crossdev in production if it does these sort of things?
20
21 no point in responding to such a lame question
22 -mike