From: "Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo)" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building Crosscompiler for Embedded System
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:07:26
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:35:10 +0100
Lutz Schönemann <lutz.schoenemann@××××××××××××××.de> wrote:

> Hi, > I've problems building an working Cross-Compiler to use it for an > i386 embedded system. Until now I've tried the following two things: > > - Using crossdev: > The crossdev script worked fine and installed the whole toolchain > (stage4: binutils, gcc, linux-headers, etc.). The trouble is that > when I want to merge a packege with this compiler (e.g.: > CFLAGS="-arch=i386" ROOT=/tmp/cross/ CHOST=i386-unknown-linux-gnu > emerge sys-boot/syslinux) it ends up with the message that the > compiler is unable to build executables.
Just in case that wasn't a typo in transcription - you need CFLAGS="-march=i386" (with an 'm'). You should look at the config.log etc to find out exactly why the compiler couldn't build executables. BTW again just in case - if your host is an x86 system, you don't need a cross-compiler as your host compiler can build for all x86 variants - it's enough to get the CFLAGS right; e.g. CFLAGS="-march=i386" ROOT=/tmp/cross emerge <pkg> -- Kevin F. Quinn

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building Crosscompiler for Embedded System "Lutz Schönemann" <lutz.schoenemann@××××××××××××××.de>