From: James L Henrickson <jim.henrickson@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] How to create GNAP kernel package manually?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 21:00:14
1 I'm having trouble building an x86 kernel on an x86_64 system. The GNAP
2 guide says to use genkernel, but that doesn't work. Even if I use
3 ARCH=i386 and --arch-override, the build fails, apparently because
4 genkernel knows I'm running an x86_64 system. I can build a new kernel
5 manually, so it appears to be a problem with genkernel. Several 'net
6 searches turned up people that have had this problem, but I haven't
7 found a solution.
8
9 Assuming I have to build the kernel manually, I am faced with the issue
10 of creating a kernel package and a modules package that can be used with
11 GNAP. I read something about tarring up the modules directory, but I
12 didn't find anything about how to build the kernel package. I suspect
13 initrd comes into play somewhere along the way, too.
14
15 Any help would be appreciated.
16
17 Jim