From: Ryan Baldwin <ryan.baldwin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] C++ Exceptions Call Abort With Toolchain generated by crossdev
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:36:08

I have been using crossdev and gentoo to build an uclibc embedded platform
with great successes so far. My toolchain is built using:

crossdev -binutils 2.16.1-r2 -gcc 3.4.5-r1 -libc 0.9.29 -kernel -t

crossdev -binutils 2.16.1-r2 -gcc 3.4.5-r1 -libc 0.9.29 -kernel -t

As you can see I am targeting both Intel and Arm platforms. I'm using a
portage snapshot from portage-20060703.tar.gz. I intend only to update the
portage snapshot I am using only if I need to to fix a bug or add features.

I need to run C++ code. I have managed to build C++ apps ok linked against
libstdc++ and all appears to run OK. On investigating some problems though I
have found that on the Intel platform at least (I will find out soon if this
occurs on the ARM platform) when an exception is thrown by C++ code Abort is
called and the exception is not handled correctly. I can get a stack trace
if it might help anyone.

My question is if anyone has come across this problem before? If so if they
are aware of a fix? Can anyone confirm a portage snapshot and crossdev
command line(the versions) they use to build a uclibc toolchain in which
they know C++ exceptions to be working?

I will research the problem and if I find a solution will post it here.
Thanks in advance for help.