From: Bertrand Jacquin <beber@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 00:04:37
D'ar lun 05 a viz Meurzh 2012 e 23 eur 03, « Ed W » he deus skrivet :
> On 01/03/2012 23:11, Bertrand Jacquin wrote: > > All the things I use are available in a tar tree here : > > > > > > > > Comments are welcome ! > > That's really very neat. My only observation is: have you considered > trying portage profiles to further simplify things? They are basically > cascadable and inherit from each other, so you can do some clever tricks > to reduce duplication (I use it on our servers quite extensively)
This is a good idea yes. All the stuff is more a proof of concept for now but this is an interesting approach but I only have one build server but this evolve in some times. Using portage profile can be eas with own overlay.
> One of the things I haven't quite got under control is a simplified > patching process for ebuilds to avoid creating many local ebuilds.
I also have many patched ebuilds but I try to report them in gentoo bugzilla to keep things maintained and so people can benefit.
> I'm > currently experimenting with using the /etc/portage/env type process via > bashrc. I use an "autopatch" type idea, and also read in extra bashrc > files per package. However, it's not very well integrated with my build > tracking process (but it works quite nicely...)
Why not using epatch_user in a generic (profile or bashrc) post_src_prepare() ? function post_src_prepare() { function inherit() { : ; } . ${PORTDIR}/eclass/eutils } -- Beber

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>