From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Bumping ebuilds
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:36:55
1 On 24/07/2011 12:05, Peter Volkov wrote:
2 > В Срд, 13/07/2011 в 11:55 +0100, Ed W пишет:
3 >> On 07/07/2011 09:30, Dennis.Yxun wrote:
4 >>> Hi Ed W:
5 >>> I'm not gentoo dev, and actually not uClibc guy ;-)
6 >>> But I do suggest you file a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org
7 >>> so people who see may help
8 >>
9 >> There are lots of open bugs there. The appeal is to find developers who
10 >> can commit the fixes?
11 >
12 > There is possibility to maintain packages via proxy-maintaining[1]. As
13 > for uClibc I can help you as a proxy, although it'll take some time for
14 > me to review changes you wish to have in the tree.
15 >
16 > [1] http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki/ProxyMaintainer
17
18 Sure - I don't really have time to act as a gentoo developer at present,
19 but that also seems true of a lot of the -embedded dev team. I'm making
20 a bunch of local ebuilds and it would be useful to feed those upstream
21 and try and get them into the main tree as quickly as possible.
22
23 For sure I can feed bugzilla, but there are plenty of bugs there already
24 - closing them is the issue, not opening more...
25
26 I'm using uclibc, slightly newer than latest release. Actually with
27 this I see VERY few problems with other ebuilds and my local patch tree
28 has shrunk to near zero. Pushing that out to tree would be highly
29 desirable, but I only have x86 to test with - we need some non x86
30 testers to prove things
31
32 Note that uclibc feel that they release infrequently enough that every
33 release should be considered stable and no one should be lagging the
34 latest release.
35
36 How can we make this happen?
37