From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] beagleboard users?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:16:42
1 I would highly recommend that you order a USB Mini-A cable from DigiKey
2 along with your BeagleBoard. The BeagleBoard does not ship with any
3 power or connectivity cables of any kind.
4
5 Without a USB Mini-A or JTAG debugger+cable, all that can be done with
6 the board is to power it on (assuming that you have an extra 5V adapter
7 or a USB Std A -> Mini B).
8
9 Finding a USB Mini A cable is practically impossible these days because
10 it's officially been retired by the USB consortium. It's primarily TI
11 that uses these cables for their calculators. I haven't found a single
12 walk-in surplus store that carries a Mini-A cable, so getting it from
13 DigiKey is probably your best bet.
14
15 Incidentally, the FlySwatter JTAG debugger from Tin Can tools has
16 already been proven to work with the BeagleBoard - their adapter kit is
17 sold out, but the pinouts are free online for DIYers.
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 Chris