From: Heath Holcomb <liquidcable@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Modular Xorg with embedded Gentoo
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:20:16
I tried to compile the new modular xorg last night, and everything went OK.  I
thought there might be problems compiling against uClibc, but there were

I did not deploy the build to my target yet, so I don't know if X actually
works yet.

My build went from the basic embedded gentoo of about 5 MB (-kernel) to 72 MB.
So much to large for most embedded flash sizes.  Although if you use a
Compact flash, that size might be OK. But the ebuild xorg-x11 I used is the
standard meta ebuild that brings in over 100 packages.

I'll start working on only emerging the package I need for basic X
functionality for embedded systems (xserver, xclient, mouse, keyboard,
specific video card driver).  I'll then add a new section to the x86 how-to.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

heath holcomb
liquidcable at
gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list

Subject Author