From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] OT: ? Embedded Patent Fraud
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:04:57
1 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > wireless wrote:
3 >> This patent looks like the poster child for embedded system,
4 >> that should not have been issued.
5 >
6 > Pretty much, it looks like. It covers any CPU+FPGA system where the
7 > FPGA is used for any of signal I/O, co-processing, HID, graphics,
8 > signal processing, communications and battery charging. :)
9 >
10 > I'm sorry, but I find it too hilarious that "a system with an FPGA"
11 > can be patented. It's a little bit like patenting the patent system..
12 > ;)
15 Wide open was my take too. Way to broad, so I sure it will
16 get challenged as soon as somebody tries to enforce it. The
17 real danger is if somebody like Microsoft buys the patent,
18 then there is trouble against small companies who innovate.
22 >> Hopefully Europeans are not this stupid to allow this sort of
23 >> patent-garbage to even be filled, let alone enforced.
24 >
25 > I wouldn't bet on it..
28 > //Peter
31 I find this most disturbing. America is owned by lawyers and
32 crooks, in the disguise of corporation. Europe was the last
33 bastion of anti-imperialism........?
36 No wonder most startups build their products in S. America
37 or Asia and just import them to the US....... and
38 politicians are looking for jobs?
39
40 Fix the stupid patent system....
41