From: Arka Roy <arka_n_roy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Serial driver version on Gentoo?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:00:46
1 Thanks Heath (and thanks to farcaller@×××××.com).
2
3 > The driver would be located in the kernel used by the distro.
4
5 I'm a bit of a newbie and am not sure where to look for this. Is the Kernel all in one directory somewhere, and this would be a file inside that?
8 ----- Original Message ----
9 From: Heath Holcomb <liquidcable@×××××.com>
10 To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
11 Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:18:55 AM
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Serial driver version on Gentoo?
13
14 The serial driver would be independent of the distro (Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc..), unless it were patched which is unlikely for a serial driver. The driver would be located in the kernel used by the distro.
18 heath holcomb
19 bulah.com
20
21 On 9/12/07, farcaller@×××××.com <
22 farcaller@×××××.com> wrote:Hello Arka,
23
24 You need drivers/serial/rs232_serial.c from the corresponding kernel trees.