From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: david@×××××××××.com
Cc: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>, AJ Armstrong <aja@g.o>, Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] base-layout lite
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:08:58
1 On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 david@×××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:07:25PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
4 > > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 david@×××××××××.com wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:09:51PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
7 > > > > Not in busybox, but you'll find it on http://www.fefe.de/minit/ and there
8 > > > > is a link to another explanation (attached) and configs.
9 > > > >
10 > > >
11 > > > wow, minit is really cool.... from the docs page:
12 > > >
13 > > > "Minit puts all its configuration-files into /etc/minit by default, but
14 > > > you can change that very easy. Minit brings two companion utilities
15 > > > with it: msvc and pidfilehack. msvc can start and stop processes just
16 > > > like svc from the daemontools. pidfilehack can be used to run daemons
17 > > > like ssh, read the PID and tell minit this PID so minit will know when
18 > > > sshd exits and can restart it."
19 > > >
20 > > > looks like everything we need is already taken care of with minit...
21 > > >
22 > > > * special config info for each service can be set
23 > > > * dependancies
24 > > > * specific CLI switches(parameters) for each service
25 > > > * tracking of run away services(go find th pid!)
26 > > > * logging
27 > > >
28 > > > I've got some things that I've been working with, and I figure adding
29 > > > minit would be a good little test. I'll post my results in the next
30 > > > couple of days.
31 > > I have already a busybox based version of the startup files (busybox ash
32 > > scripts) the only non-busybox utility is devfsd (I do not know how the
33 > > /etc/devfsd.conf should look like to conform to busybox's devfsd needs
34 > > Interested? I'll send you a tarball of my /etc/minit.
37 > sure sounds good. I also found some example stuff on the minit
38 > website here: http://www.fefe.de/minit/minit-data.tar.bz2
39 >
40 > more exmaples are always fun!
41 Here it comes. Not everything is checked, rewritten, because I first
42 copied another version and adapted afterwards for my needs. Check
43 default, that is working. All those using using #!/bin/busybox <some
44 command> are working, tested (I wanted to enforce the busybox usage,
45 because I had the "original" stuff too. As you'll see, I had problems
46 with devfsd (this is "original", not busybox version, because I could not
47 adapt the /etc/devfsd.conf file yet for busybox's devfsd). Any help?
48 There is also another problem with busybox's devfsd, it works only with
49 "original" modprobe, not busybox one, if MODLOAD is used (autoloading of
50 modules).
51
52 I have subscribed to the busybox list (too), maybe I'll some help there.
53
54 Also I have to check how it works with msh (to support uClinux too)
55
56 Peter
59 Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI
60 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
61
63 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
64 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu

minit.tar.bz2 application/x-bzip2