From: Ahmed Ammar <b33fc0d3@g.o>
To: Gentoo Embedded ML <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>, Cirrus Linux ML <linux-cirrus@×××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] maverick-crunch queries
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:16:18
1 Hello,
2
3 I am currently working on some QEMU patches to add support for the
4 EP93xx (and the ts-7200 board) I have had some general success but this
5 is far from complete. My main issue is the Maverick-Crunch FPU and some
6 question to see if anyone has had the same experience.
7
8 Which patch-set are people generally using, there seem to be two sets:
9 1) futaris ones which seem to be the openembedded.org ones and 2) the
10 cirrus linux ones which are up to version 1.4.3. I have been using the
11 openembedded ones with gcc-4.2.4 but compiling the arm kernel (which by
12 default compiles with -msoft-float) will cause a kernel panic on boot.
13 If on the other hand I use a *-softfloat-* toolchain the kernel boots
14 fine. Anyone else find the openembedded patches break softfloat
15 implementation?
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Ahmed Ammar (b33fc0d3 [at] gentoo.org)