From: Joshua Pollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] What file system I should use with flash?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:56:13
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 09 August 2006 01:39, Kfir Lavi wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have read about JFFS2 but it is not supported in gentoo (or is it?).
5 >> What will be your recommendations for such filesystem?
6 >>
7 >
8 > if you need rw, then jffs2 or yaffs2
9 >
10 > jffs2 is prob the easiest route since it's already in the kernel
11 >
12 > i dont know what you mean by "supported" as all you need is userspace
13 > utilities to generate the jffs2 image (in the portage tree as mtd-utils) and
14 > a kernel to mount it (in the mainline kernel)
15 > -mike
16 >
17 Do you use initrd to bootstrap, or do boot loaders like lilo and grub
18 understand jffs2? I've been using ext2 on my CompactFlash simply because
19 I'm too lazy and haven't had time to learn how to use initrd.
20 --
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list