From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Chroot the environment
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:49:35
1 le Fri, 25 May 2007 13:42:00 +0200
2 The MoonSeeker <themoonseeker@×××××.com> a écrit:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Is it to possible to chroot the after we create it (USE=-iconv
7 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="**" ROOT="/tmp/minime" emerge -avkN uclibc busybox
8 > baselayout-lite dropbear), because i get this error :
9 >
10 > chroot /tmp/minime/
11 > chroot: can't execute `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
12 >
13 I dunno where your bash comes from, but busybox embeds ash, a bash tiny ersatz. Normally sh is the most standard shell to ask for. So try chroot /tmp/minime /bin/sh.
14
15 Two other possible reasons for this error:
16 - either you're missing some dynamic libraries. In this case chroot or any shell don't even "see" the executable file. Use ldd /bin/ash to know which.
17 - or if you made your chroot for x86 and try to launch from (non-multilib?) x86_64 system, you could catch some of those mysterious "No such file or directory".
18
19 Hope it helps. If you're looking for a robust and not-often-changing miniroot, you could consider compiling busybox statically, still against uclibc. But the smart, easy, sure and efficient way to do this is
20
21 emerge crossdev genkernel
22 genkernel make all
23
24 ( creates a new kernel and all relevant modules, and the miniroot I was talking about _if_ crossdev is present )
25
26 genkernel make initrd --lots-of-cool-options
27
28 ( generates an initrd for the previously made kernel. Basically involves harddrives pilots, a statical busybox with few commands and modprobe. You can append your files very easily but overwriting some is an issue, as far as I remember. )
29 --
30 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list