From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] What file system I should use with flash?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 06:06:57
1 On Wednesday 09 August 2006 01:39, Kfir Lavi wrote:
2 > I have read about JFFS2 but it is not supported in gentoo (or is it?).
3 > What will be your recommendations for such filesystem?
4
5 if you need rw, then jffs2 or yaffs2
6
7 jffs2 is prob the easiest route since it's already in the kernel
8
9 i dont know what you mean by "supported" as all you need is userspace
10 utilities to generate the jffs2 image (in the portage tree as mtd-utils) and
11 a kernel to mount it (in the mainline kernel)
12 -mike