From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Problem cross compiling modular X
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:23:35
1 * Ryan Baldwin <ryan.baldwin@××××××××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > I have resolved this problem I think by referring to the Xorg cross
6 > compilation guide. It seems I need to pass --enable-malloc0returnsnull
7 > to configure, set CC_FOR_BUILD and apply a few patches.
8
9 in other words: manually repair the broken buildfiles :(
10
11 <snip>
12
13 > This appears to indicate though that cross compiling Xorg is not
14 > really supported under gentoo?
15
16 Isn't supported really, at all.
17
18 <snip>
19
20 > Presumably this would be done when the 'cross' USE flag is set otherwise?
21 > Is this the case or am I missing something obvious ?
22
23 Eh, crosscompiling via USE flag ?!
24 It's a matter of the right toolchain (including proper system root)
25 and not the individual package configuration.
26
27 <snip>
28
29 > >Since sending my last post I have found:
30 > >
31 > > cp -r /tmp/target/usr/include/X11
32 > >/usr/i686-pc-linux-uclibc/sys-include/
33
34 Bad. You really should use an sysroot'ed toolchain and put all
35 includes under $SYSROOT, in exactly the same way as would be
36 installed on an normal system.
37
38
39 cu
40 --
42 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
44 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
45 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
46 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
47 http://patches.metux.de/
49 --
50 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list