From: Daniel <dragonheart@×××××××.au>
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>, gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: uclibc buildroot/ toolchain
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:54:46
2 Hash: SHA1
5 > Some proposals for uclibc.ebuild 20031206 (reading it only, not tested):
6 >
7 > 1. do not activate SYS_SIGLIST (and SYS_ERRLIST), they are obsoleted and
8 > no SuSv3 requirement, probably will be removed, and they are easy to
9 > replace (using sed if you like), there are not so many packages until now
10 > where I needed it to patch.
11 >
12 > sys_siglist[sig] = strsignal(sig) /* util-linux */
13 > sys_errlist[err] = strerror(err) /* iputils, tcp_wrappers */
14
15 The only reason I put these is was because the busybox 0.60.5 used one of
16 them.
17
18 > 2. use busybox and tinylogin cvs snapshots (or at least 1.0.0-pre4 for
19 > busybox), the changes from 0.60.5 are massive.
20
21 Sounds good - that will fix #1.
22
23 > 3. I do not understand why WGET has to be set to true, if you have all
24 > the needed files in sources/dl (DL_DIR), nothing will be downloaded.
25
26 Its basically to remove the dependancy that wget exists. Someone may have
27 removed this and I did want to put it as a dependancy since it realy didn't
28 get used. The portage system will downloads the files from the SRC_URI.
29
30 > 4. check uclibc.config and -locale, they are not always in sync (as
31 > of this writing UNIX98PTY_ONLY is different). My build procedure runs make
32 > defconfig (getting defaults for arch), after that I add echo
33 > "CONFIG_<option>=y/n" >> .config and rerun make oldconfig (look in
34 > uclibc.spec). Easier though is to have only the locale config, copy to
35 > .config ,echo "CONFIG_LOCALE=n" >> .config, make oldconfig to get
36 > nonlocal.
37
38 This is great. I was looking for the way to remove interactivity ;-).
39
40 > 5. No comment on src_install, do not know gentoo requirements,
41
42 Gentoo creates a image before the install at
43 ${D} /var/tmp/portage/uclibc-buildroot-0.9.23/image and this is forced to be
44 empty at the start of src_install. I've sort of got to copy from staging_dir
45 to ${D} which is a bit of a waste of space and time. More makefile hacking to
46 fix this.
47
48 > but check
49 > the files in $ROOT/usr/lib/gcc-lib/*/version/include, I had here a
50 > "fixed" zutil.h and linux/nls.h, there could be others too (my build
51 > system was minimal at that moment)
52
53 I've got that as a symlink like:
54 /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-uclibc/0.9.23 -> /usr/i386-uclibc/lib
55
56 The gcc-config (gentoo wrapper gcc/g++ that maps to specific compilers) looked
57 for something in /usr/lib/... so I just symlinked an that seems to work. I
58 need to verify this later.
59
60 The linux/nls.h and the zutil.h are the standard kernel headers. I found a
61 zutil.h in toolchain_build_$(ARCH)/gcc-3.3.2/zlib/zutil.h have you modified
62 this one?
63
64 > and it looks like all these get higher
65 > priority as those installed in $ROOT/usr/include subdir (and you'll end up
66 > building against different version of headers and libs)
67
68 If you're cross compiling isn't this the desired behaviour? Yes I do need to
69 somehow handle different kernel versions somehow - will think about later.
70
71 I'm not sure totaly what you're refering to here but I will look into it a
72 bit.
73
74 I'm intested in incorportating your fixed files along the etdyn and
75 propolice(?) patches ones that Ned is also trying to get off you.
76
77 > 6. My changes to (non-locale) config are:
78 > - CONFIG_PROFILING=n (for "use etdyn" it should be a requirement due to
79 > TEXTREL in libc.so, checked up to cvs)
80 > - PTHREADS_DEBUG_SUPPORT=n if non-debugging
81 > - MALLOC_GLIBC_COMPAT=n
82 > - UNIX98PTY_ONLY=y
83 > - UCLIBC_HAS_SCANF_GLIBC_GLIBC_A_FLAG=n /* not really implemented */
84 > - UCLIBC_HAS_TZ_FILE_READ_MANY=n /* we change only once /etc/TZ */
85
86 Ok will incorporate this. A locale config would be the same right? or is there
87 some other weird dependancy.
88
89 > Best regards, Peter
90
91 Thankyou kindly
92
93 - --
94
95 Daniel Black
96 - --
97 Proudly a Gentoo Linux User.
98 GnuPG/PGP signed and encrypted email preferred
99 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x32A64DC8
110 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list