From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Hello
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:29:52
1 carmelo.pintaudi wrote:
4 > Hi, I am using gentoo form 2003.Now I am working on
5 > embedded platforms. It's now the time to contribute. I
6 > will be very happy to see gentoo on my boards. How can I
7 > contribute? I saw a lot of subprojects. There is one of
8 > this that could accept a modest developer like me?
9
10 What exactly do yo mean by
11 "see gentoo on my boards" ???
14 Do you have a particular board in mind?
15 One you have designed or one you are looking at?
18 A very interesting subproject that has been alluded to
19 by Vapier, is completing the port of ffmpeg to an
20 arm chip (with sufficient on board resources) to
21 run all sorts of video, including H.264 on an
22 Arm embedded (gentoo) linux board. If we all agree
23 on the main CPU, then we can use different variants
24 (different SBC or custom built boards) to complete
25 porting and testing ffmpeg on Arm?
26
27 The board I have ordered is this:
28 http://www.emacinc.com/sbc_microcontrollers/ipac_9302.htm#FEATURES:
29
30 I have a Macraigor Raven for the Arm and they support
31 Eclipse for firmware development.
32
33 Any interest in mpeg4(avc) on ARM here as group project?
34 anyone?
37 James
42 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list