From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev conflict between sys-libs/glibc and cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 01:04:01
1 On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 14:13 -0500, chris@××××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I installed the following toolchain with crossdev:
3 > arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
4 > which installs glibc into /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/ under the
5 > name cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc
6 >
7 > I then installed udev, which depends on sys-fs/glibc
8 >
9 > As far as I know sys-fs/glibc is already installed into SYSROOT, except
10 > with a different name as mentioned above.
11 >
12 > I noted that the two installs of glibc had the same version, so I went
13 > ahead with the installation anyway. Sure enough portage reported a bunch
14 > of file collisions.
15
16 We disable collision-protect iirc for the wrappers crossdev now
17 provides.
21 solar <solar@g.o>
22 Gentoo Linux