From: chris@××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] gentoo baselayout "Attempted to kill init"
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:04:23
1 I've got a filesystem created with the following toolchain: (from
2 crossdev)
3
4 arm-unknown-linux-gnu-
5
6 with
7
8 arm-unknown-linux-gnu-emerge system
9 arm-unknown-linux-gnu-emerge baselayout
10
11 I created the kernel separately, and was able to boot it with another
12 filesystem that was created by somebody else.
13
14 During the boot process the kernel says "Attempted to kill init"
15 because the /init program exited for some reason.
16 The problem is that I can't get any other error from the init program.
17 I have no idea why it's exiting. It could be a missing library, segfault
18 or bad invocation, so I have no idea where to start.
19
20 I was hoping somebody could either spot something obviously wrong in my
21 setup or propose a method for getting more information as to why init
22 would crash...
23
24 Thanks,
25 Chris