From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: Howto guide or something?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:59:13
1 On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 09:23, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
2 > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 >
4 > > > X (tested older XFree86 and xorg-x11-6.8.1) can't be built against uclibc
5 > > > for now (missing math functions)
6 > > >
7 > > > solar,vapier:
8 > > > I could add to the masked uclibc
9 > > > use X && (apply X needed math funcs)
10 > > > and/or
11 > > > use java && (apply sun-jdk math funcs)
12 > > > the java condition is not quite true, they are needed to build sun-j2sdk
13 > >
14 > > Well here is what I'm thinking in this respect. mjn3 is working on a new
15 > > libm but it's going to be a while before he is done. Reading the
16 > > uClibc/TODO states that libm is targeted for 1.0 which we know is going
17 > > to be a ways out. So if we have replacement functions then lets post
18 > > them here for review and consider patching out own -lm till such time as
19 > > mjn3 has it ready and it works for us.
20 > >
21 > > http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/uClibc/TODO?&view=auto
22 > > TODO list for the uClibc 1.0.0 release:
23 > > *) Implement the float and long double versions of math funcs
24 > > using wrappers on top of the double versions (size / precision
25 > > trade off where size clearly wins).
26 >
27 > look in the current uclibc patches tarball subdir math, those are that I
28 > needed until now, they are edited versions of net/openbsd (as almost the
29 > whole original libm stuff in uclibc)
30 > sinf/cosf/tanf/atan2f/sqrtf/powf/fabsf are implemented
33 > I'll add IUSE="X" and use X && epatch patch/math to the new uclibc ebuild
34
35 USE=X is not logical and should not be the controlling factor which
36 decide if libm is built.
37
38 Please consider.
39
40 if use build || use bootstrap; then
41 # It's ok to skip it here.
42 else
43 # It really should be enabled here.
44 fi
48 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
49 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded) Developer