From: Maksim 'max_posedon' Melnikau <maxposedon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Android support
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 18:41:30
1 On Monday 04 May 2009 21:21:07 John Lowry wrote:
2 > Has there been any discussion of coming up with cross compiler support
3 > for the Android platform? I know the Android SDK is in portage, I
4 > talking about building native program against the C library the Android
5 > platfor, Bionic. People with either rooted G1s, dev phones, or some
6 > other platform it would be nice to have other programs on there. Here is
7 > some CPU info:
8 >
9 > $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
10 > Processor : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 2 (v6l)
11 > BogoMIPS: 245.36
12 > Features: swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
13 > CPU implementer : 0x41
14 > CPU architecture: 6TEJ
15 > CPU part: 0xb36
16 > CPU revision : 2
17 > Cache type : write-back
18 > Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops
19 > Cache lockdown : format C
20 > Cache format : Harvard
21 > I size : 32768
22 > I assoc : 4
23 > I line length : 32
24 > I sets : 256
25 > D size : 32768
26 > D assoc : 4
27 > D line length : 32
28 > D sets : 256
29 >
30 > Hardware: trout
31 > Revision: 0080
32 > Serial : 0000000000000000
33 Main problem with android, that it is quite big with VERY strange build steps,
34 if you want begin ebuild-ing them - very nice, at least Gentoo-Openmoko people
35 will test them.
36
37 We [Gentoo-Openmoko] also thinked about porting android to Gentoo, but it
38 postponed now because of others more important stuff. FSO/SHR is better than
39 android anyway :), and they should be ported first.
40
41 Android basically is just kernel+busybox, if I'm not mistaken they have even
42 separate libc (neither glibc, neither uclibc). So porting work isn't very
43 simple.
46 P.S. Neo Freerunner (gta02) where android runs too:
47 root@om-gta02 ~ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
48 Processor : ARM920T rev 0 (v4l)
49 BogoMIPS : 199.47
50 Features : swp half thumb