From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Arm based netbook?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:41:23
On 10/05/11 14:05, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:

>> Anyone set up embedded Gentoo on an ARM (A8 or A9) >> based netbook? (
> I do, on my EfikaMX smartbook, the only caveats being that some parts > are non-free, though I have sources, so I need to re-write the ebuilds > and build the tarballs for it still. I've been installing gnome 3.2 > on there, so it's going a bit slow at the moment. One caveat of using > a "modern" desktop-y system is that consolekit seems to need > CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL which doesn't exist for ARM devices yet.
Ah, this is good news, I was just looking at the A8 version. Do you have minicom working on the usb ports (using an FTDI usb-2-serial chip?). Have you cobbled together some sort of wired ethernet (usb-2-ethernet) of some type or do you just use wireless Ethernet? You gonna put a doc into the hadbook like trimslice? I'm itching to do this, but, I wanted to wait on the A15 chip (Omap5). Alas I may jump in before that A15 is shipping.... James

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Arm based netbook? Steev Klimaszewski <steev@××××××××××.com>