From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] busybox switch_root: not rootfs
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:28:43
1 On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 00:52 -0700, Jon Saints wrote:
2 > I am following the TinyGentoo install from the gentoo
3 > wiki. I am able to install my tinygentoo on my host
4 > machine without trouble (uclibc + busybox).
5 >
6 > When I try to switch my root initramfs to a new root
7 > directory i have mounted by nfs i get an error.
8
9 how where do you do this?
10
11 >
12 > My command is:
13 > > switch_root /tmp/nfsroot /sbin/init
14 >
15 > The error is:
16 > switch_root: not rootfs
17 >
18 > Any ideas on how I might begin to debug this?
19
20 as mentioned in busybox mailing list, the process who executes
21 switch_root needs to be pid=1.
22
23 It means you have to call it from your initramfs init script. I suspect
24 that you process calling switch_root is not pid=1
25
26 --
27 Natanael Copa
28