From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Automatic module loading not working?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:41:49
1 Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi, I apologise if this is a very newbie question, but - I have an
3 > Alix board and custom kernel which doesn't seem to be autoloading
4 > kernel modules
5 >
6 > The Alix is running 2.6.29, uclibc 0.9.30.1, busybox 1.14.2, Udev 141,
7 > openrc 0.40. When I insert any hardware, eg trying now with a USB GPS
8 > then I get a bunch of general USB nodes created, but the pl2303 module
9 > (used with this device) is not auto loaded. If I modprobe this module
10 > then everything works as expected.
11
12 Hmm, the problem appears to be in busybox. If you use the "small"
13 modprobe utils then something is obviously not supported correctly and
14 the kernel modules are not autoloaded. I suspect some kind of
15 commandline param not supported issue, but have not debugged it further.
16
17 Hopefully this helps someone else...
18
19 Ed W