From: Siong-Ui Te <siongui@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] include baselayout in initramfs
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:20:21
1 I am trying to build a initramfs image which contains normal root
2 filesystem,
3 and successfully compile baselayout and related packages into the initamfs
4 image.
5 After kernel finishes initilizing and recognize the initramfs as root
6 filesystem,
7 the initscripts, however, complain that root filesystem cannot be found
8 while checking rootfs.
9 This is true since I use initramfs as my root filesystem and no real root
10 filesystem has been mounted.
11 I don't want to use baselayout-lite since udev depends on baselayout, not
12 the lite version.
13
14 Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.