From: Justin Huff <jjhuff@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Welcome
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 01:45:08
> > We're kicking around the idea of creating profile(s) for the systems, > > which would obviously have the bare minimum for operation and would be > > using uClibc. > > > I'd suggest you use glibc at the moment. A uClibc-based build will be > incompatible with all the pre-existing binaries.
I think it's very worthwhile to support both glibc and uclibc (and maybe dietlibc). Not all embedded systems have very tight space constraints. I'm working on a system here that I'm going to have 64meg of flash for the system. I don't need to get all that tight. --Justin

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Welcome AJ Armstrong <aja@×××××××××××××.com>
[gentoo-embedded] libc (was Re: [gentoo-embedded] Welcome) Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>