From: Derick Swanepoel <dswanepoel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Building a cross-compile environment for ARM
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:31:47

I'm busy building a cross-compile environment for an ARM (XScale) in an x86
host environment, but I'm having trouble emerging packages like procps and
gdb which require headers from /usr/include.

I've built an armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc cross toolchain with crossdev
which can successfully compile uclibc, bash, baselayout, etc. and install
in ROOT=/gentoo-arm. However, when I try to emerge something like procps,
it fails to find curses.h and termcap.h. Where should the cross-compiler be
looking for these headers?

Another problem I have is that gawk (3.1.4-r4) fails to execute with:
awk: can't resolve symbol '__fixdfsi'
As far as I can determine, __fixdfsi is one of GCC's softfloat library routines.

I would really like to know how the armeb-uclibc-softfloat stages (found in
experimental/arm/embedded on various Gentoo mirrors) were built.