From: Derick Swanepoel <dswanepoel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Building a cross-compile environment for ARM
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:31:47
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm busy building a cross-compile environment for an ARM (XScale) in an x86
4 host environment, but I'm having trouble emerging packages like procps and
5 gdb which require headers from /usr/include.
6
7 I've built an armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc cross toolchain with crossdev
8 which can successfully compile uclibc, bash, baselayout, etc. and install
9 in ROOT=/gentoo-arm. However, when I try to emerge something like procps,
10 it fails to find curses.h and termcap.h. Where should the cross-compiler be
11 looking for these headers?
12
13 Another problem I have is that gawk (3.1.4-r4) fails to execute with:
14 awk: can't resolve symbol '__fixdfsi'
15 As far as I can determine, __fixdfsi is one of GCC's softfloat library routines.
16
17 I would really like to know how the armeb-uclibc-softfloat stages (found in
18 experimental/arm/embedded on various Gentoo mirrors) were built.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Derick
24 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list