From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] some uClibc experience
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:03:13
On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 19:46, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On 12 Nov 2003, Ned Ludd wrote: > > > On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 16:31, Peter S. Mazinger wrote: > > > There are problems building some of the binaries with propolice enabled > > > gcc, mainly the .hidden support in binutils has to be "hidden" from gcc, > > > but as I can see (read), the glibc version does not work flawlessly > > > either. > > > > > Have you successfully used ssp with uclibc? > It worked (somehow, not quite correct, and some packages where not > rebuildable) at the time where uClibc had support for LIBGCC_FUNCTIONS > (adding functions from libgcc to libc) This was the only way I got a > system running it (__guard and __smash... where added to libc). Since then > I cannot modify buildroot so that I get a system running, segfaults on all > the line (tested only with gcc-3.3.x and protector 3.3-5). I think the > solution would be to add the needed functions to uClibc (and remove them > from libgcc!!!).
One of the hardened-gcc version introduced guard symbols to libgcc.a. I'm pretty sure this no longer should be the case if your running ~arch as they are in fact getting introduced into glibc. If you care to hack the functionaly into uClibc I'll point you at the glibc version from etoh
-- Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> Gentoo Linux Developer

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] some uClibc experience "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>