From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] X server on minimal system
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:58:11
1 On 2/10/2005 21:30:20, Joe Sapp (nixphoeni@g.o) wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Kurt Kiefer wrote:
6 > |> Here's some relevant info:
7 > |> USE="bitmap-fonts dlloader truetype-fonts type1-fonts uclibc" (have
8 > |> tried most combinations of all of these - always with uclibc on).
9 > |
10 > |
11 > | Did you try "-bitmap-fonts"? Looks like your problem is with them...
12 >
13 > Yes I have. I'm more concerned about the "Unsupported relocation type"
14 > errors I keep getting. Searching the web hasn't yielded much so I thought
15 > I would try this list.
16
17 These errors occur if you try to build X with the elfloader, but also build the modules PIC (Position Independent Code) - the relocation types you mentioned are relevant to PIC, but the elfloader doesn't understand PIC objects. However I don't know how you've ended up with them since you have 'dlloader' in your use flags - that causes X to avoid the elfloader completely, and use the system's standard shared library loader instead.
18
19 It's not bitmap-fonts that causes the problem, btw - it just happens that it's the first module loaded by X, so that's the first time the error occurs. If you remove bitmap-fonts, it'll just fall over on the next module.
20
21 What do you get when you do:
22
23 emerge -pv x11-base/xorg-x11
24
25 and what is the output of 'emerge --info'?
30 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list