From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:04:22
localhost ~ # x86_64-pc-linux-bionic-gcc -static -m32
-specs=specfile.txt -o hi hi.c
localhost ~ # ./hi
Hello, Bionic World!

bwahaha... bwahahaha... (insert pinky into corner of mouth here)

1) Fix internal specs (had to manually adjust for crts startfile/endfile)
2) make it work for -m64 by default

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Christopher Friedt
<chrisfriedt@×××××.com> wrote:
> Hi James, > > On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM, wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote: >> On 04/15/11 08:42, Christopher Friedt wrote: >> Thanks for the update on your progress. I ran across this interesting >> article, where Google is trying to influence ARM offering and more >> on licensing: > > I think Google's intention here is really just to reduce fragmentation > of Android between Open Handset Alliance members (i.e. manufacturers). > It's good in that it eliminates duplicate work between companies > targeting Android as a platform and there will be a common base > platform. They likely still have a lot of internal code cleanup to do > after pushing to get Honeycomb out the door. > > Just to clarify, I'm not planning on doing "Android" development here > - I'm just using Bionic. Anyone interested in Android _really_ should > adhere to upstream's build system. > > C >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>