From: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] glib-2 again
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 18:55:48

I'm planning to install gentoo-embedded on my laptop. I will need
firefox and xfce4 which require glib-2.

I would like to get that glib-2/NLS/iconv problems solved once for all.

What are the alternatives to permanently solve it?
* convice upstream glib-2 maintainers to support --disable-nls
--disable-iconv in configure script?
* patch and maintain patches to turn off nls/libiconv in the portage
tree (which probably is not what we want)
* make libiconv work with uclibc (and submit those changes to the
upstream libiconv maintainers?)

What would be the prefferred solution? I believe it is getting libiconv
working smoothly with uclibc?

I hope I'll be able to spend some time on this during this week, but I
need some help to getting started.

Natanael Copa