From: mjinks@××××××××.edu
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] the newbie and the WRAP
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:34:33
1 On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:18:38PM -0500, mjinks@××××××××.edu wrote:
2 > Hi all. New here, likely to ask a dumb question or two... for example:
3 >
4 <snip>
5 >
6 > From the PC Engines (minimal) online docs, I found a suggestion that
7 > adding "reboot=bios" to the kernel command line might fix this, but no
8 > dice, and now I'm stumped.
9
10 Well it turns out that I might not be as stumped as I thought, but I did
11 ask a dumb question.
12
13 In order to add "reboot=bios" to the kernel command line, I tried
14 editing the "isolinux.cfg" file under my gnap-extensions directory, like
15 so:
16
17 [...]
18 append initrd=gentoo.igz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off looptype=squashfs loop=/livecd.squashfs cdroot
19
20 Remastered, wrote the results to my CF card (I thought), and rebooted.
21
22 Well, the package extension I added (elvis) shows up on my target
23 machine, but /proc/cmdline doesn't include "reboot=bios". In fact it
24 looks quite a bit different from the append= line above:
25
26 initrd=gentoo.igz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off looptype=squashfs loop=/livecd.sfs cdroot=/dev/hda1 docache console=ttyS0,38400n81 BOOT_IMAGE=gentoo
27
28 So clearly I've misunderstood something somewhere, and the question I
29 should have asked is: How do I find and edit the grub.conf that will
30 be installed on a GNAP system?
31
32 (Sigh.)
33
34 Thanks for any straightening out anyone can toss my way.
35
36 -j
37 --
38 Michael Jinks, somewhere in NSIT, part of the University of Chicago
39 "If the future's not bright, it's colorful." -- Einsturzende Neubauten
40 --
41 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list