From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] Suitable Email Client - was FAQ / How To?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:19:16
1 On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 16:24 -0500, Dennis Taylor wrote:
2 > It must be the email client. Please do not flame me, but for email, I
3 > am stuck with MS Windows.
4
5 Yeah I did not mean for you to feel flamed about it. think of it like
6 this. You are on ~30 mailing lists and see lots of threads everyday. Now
7 when you have one thread that you see is broken up into several smaller
8 threads with the same guy at the top of the new Re: thread (aka TOP
9 POSTING) it's just worth it for me to mention the problem I noticed to
10 you. In doing so it's more likely that people will read threads you
11 start when they don't have to sift threw 10 of them.
12
13 > Does anyone have a suggestion of a client
14 > that I can put on Windows to enable me to comply with this very
15 > reasonable request?
16
17 Thunderbird as many others have said.
18 Also Evolution is being ported to windows. It has alot of the
19 functionality of outlook but is now maintained by Novell. I have
20 no idea when that will be finished but based on the unix version, I'd
21 go in that direction.
22
23 > -----Original Message-----
24 > From: solar [mailto:solar@g.o]
25 > Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 4:21 PM
26 > To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
27 > Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] FAQ / How To?
28 >
29 > Please stop creating a brand new thread for every post when it's really
30 > a RE: to an existing thread. If it's your email client doing it then
31 > please install a functional one.