From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] init.d scripts and bash
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 00:03:22
1 On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 17:00 +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Are there anybody more than me that use the gentoo init.d scripts
5 > without using bash?
6 >
7 > Most init.d scripts runs just fine with a small runscript wrapper. A few
8 > needs patching to work, typically replacing:
9 >
10 > [[ expr || expr ]]
11 >
12 > with:
13 >
14 > [[ expr ]] || [[ expr ]]
15 >
16 > But sometimes arrays and such are used (very often its easy to work
17 > around)
18 >
19 > Are there any hope for setting a gentoo policy that says bash specific
20 > things should be avoided if possible in init.d scripts?
21
22 That is a goal with baselayout-2. I'd be interested if we started a
23 tracker bug for such things. I think policy might be a bit far
24 reaching at this point. But it's for sure a worthwhile goal.
27 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
28 Gentoo Linux
31 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list