From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] embedded for dreamcast
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:22:34
I got a first generation Dreamcast today. The keyboard and mouse are already on their way
from eBay :) I don't have any means for a network connection (yet), so I want to make a CD
to boot in it. I can use this as an opportunity to test out a lot of the stuff that will
be going on here. For my first go, I want to use scripts posted here to build a basic
system with tinylogin, busybox, freedesktop's xfree (formerly kdrive) once I can actually
figure out which ebuilds to use, and uclibc. From what I remember, the dreamcast has a
200Mhz processor and 16Mb RAM, so its going to be tight. Anyone have any suggestions?

Andrew Gaffney