From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP and DOM
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 05:30:13
1 On Thursday 14 July 2005 19:11, Robin Bonin wrote:
2 > Hi, I'm using gnap tools 1.2 and I am trying to put my working overlay
3 > onto a 32 meg DOM.
4 > Following the instructions here,
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap-userguide.xml
6 > I have installed the MBR, created the primary active partition
7 > and then ran gnap overlay.
10 > when I boot, I get Searching for Boor Record from IDE-0..Not Found
11 >
12 > when I run
13 > dd if=/home/robin/gnap/gnap-tools-1.2/mbr/mbr.bin of=/dev/hdc bs=512 count=1
14 > I get
15 > 0+1 records in
16 > 0+1 records out
17 >
18 > any other things I need to check?
19 I was unable to get it booting with syslinux 3.08 but it is working fine with
20 2.13 on a CF card/Soekris combo. Though I got just a tiny bit further than
21 your black screen, so my problem might be completely unrelated to yours:-)
24 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
25 Gentoo Linux Security Team