From: philipp.ammann@××××××.de
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: Raspberry Pi in 64bit Big Endian mode
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:51:46
1 I forgot to mention that
2
3 CONFIG_FB_FOREIGN_ENDIAN=y
4
5 is set, so it's probably not just a case of the framebuffer console
6 missing.
7
8 Am 26.11.2018 10:01 schrieb philipp.ammann@××××××.de:
9 > Hi,
10 >
11 > has anyone managed to run the Raspi 3/3+ in big endian mode? I can't
12 > get a BE the kernel to boot.
13 >
14 > I have a working (LE) kernel config. Additionally I've enabled
15 >
16 > CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN=y
17 >
18 > otherwise leaving the exact same settings, but that one doesn't boot.
19 > I tried using an aarch64_be-linux-musl crosscompiler (though IMO that
20 > shouldn't be necessary because a LE gcc is able to output BE code) to
21 > no avail.
22 >
23 > So far I've only found vague information that BE is mandatory in 32bit
24 > but optional in 64bit mode because SETEND is deprecated. Does that
25 > mean it is not possible to do this on the Raspberry Pi?
26 >
27 > Thanks!
28 > Philipp