From: Dan C <djc@××××××.au>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] lockups with hardened kernel
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 05:01:39
1 Douglas Campos wrote:
2 > I've found that using gcc-3.4.4-r1 made a lot of python modules going
3 > with "unresolved symbols", even when they compiled shamelessly
4 >
5 > I switched to gcc-3.3.6 and then everything went right!
6 >
7 > Just some food for thought.
8 >
9 > Cheers
10 >
11 > Douglas
12
13 This is very interesting. I am trying to test out whether this will fix
14 my problem ("unresolved symbol" in libsvn Python module) by emerging
15 gcc-3.3.6 but it's not happy.
16
17 I am using softfloat (my host type is armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc), and
18 have successfully emerged gcc-3.4.4* in the past, but in gcc-3.3.6 I
19 (eventually) get a whole bunch of errors like:
20
21 /usr/armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: ERROR: ./crtbeginS.o uses FPA
22 instructions, whereas libgcc_s.so.1 does not
23 /usr/armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: ERROR: ./crtbeginS.o uses
24 hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1 uses software FP
25 /usr/armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: failed to merge target
26 specific data of file ./crtbeginS.o
27 ...
28
29 Maybe this is a problem with the gcc-3.3.6 ebuild? Is there something I
30 can set in my CFLAGS for the gcc emerge that will tell it to use softfloat?
31
32 (All these problems have made me start to regret fooling around with
33 bizarre embedded arches ...! :-D)
36 Dan C <djc@××××××.au>
37 --
38 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list