From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] frontend needed to make Gentoo/embedded a viability
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:52:09
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 >> what do you guys think ? stupid idea ?
4 >
5 > Not silly.. I'd tie it into (lx)dialog/Xdialog and skip anything to do
6 > with catalyst as it tends to be cumbersome for embedded use (plus GNAP
7 > already exists). using the classic dialog method will provide the most
8 > familiarity to what buildroot users already expect.
9
10 Yes, I would stay away from catalyst. GNAP makes extensive uses of it
11 and inherits its design/drawbacks : you'll probably want something
12 smaller and less integrated. Using catalyst you would end up with
13 something like GNAP anyway :P
14
15 --
16 Koon