From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: david@×××××××××.com
Cc: AJ Armstrong <aja@g.o>, gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] base-layout lite
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:24:02
1 On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 david@×××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:08:05AM -0800, david@×××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > leave that up to the embedded user... it could most likely be
5 > > implemented in a few lines of bash.
8 > On a side note... we must take into consideration that embedded
9 > systems shells are going to have different levels of funcitonality...
10 > busybox has three shells built in, each with different sets of
11 > commands
12 > although I believe ash is the only one with real scripting
13 There are 4 shells, but I agree, that ash is the only capable, the others
14 are somewhat crippled (one is for initrd images)
15
16 Peter
17
18 > capabilities, we should figure out if we should cater to the 'lowest
19 > common denomicator' shell...
22 Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI
23 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
27 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
28 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
31 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list