From: Jakub Ladman <ladmanj@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] gentoo cross-emerging for sh4 architecture
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 04:30:21
I'm trying to make gentoo system on our development board with renesas sh4
I allready have created the cross-compiler toolchain using crossdev -t
I have to unpack stage3-sh4-uclibc-2006.0.tar.bz2 from vapiers archive to
target directory /home/ladmanj/sh4system.
But if I try to run ROOT="/home/ladmanj/sh4system" emerge minicom (for an
example), it uses not the targets make.conf file
(/home/ladmanj/sh4system/etc/make.conf) but the host systems one.
Please tell me the correct way to cross-emerge ebuilds for my embedded system,
or give me links to similar project.
Thank you.
Best regards
Jakub Ladman

PS: I also tryed
ROOT="/home/ladmanj/sh4system" CHOST="sh4-gentoo-linux-uclibc" emerge minicom
everything looks fine but the output in target directory is i686 executable.
I do not know why.