From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using iptables alone without shorewall/firehol
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:14:00
Sebastian Rodriguez wrote:
> yes it helps of course, the thing is: by default iptables doesnt start > wit gnap? Oo as shorewall adn firehol are based on iptables I tought it > would start at boot
USE_FW=yes will add iptables + shorewall (or firehol) to the runlevel. With USE_FW=no you won't have any of them. So if you so USE_FW=no and START_SERVICES="iptables" you will start iptables without starting shorewall/firehol, which seems to be what you want to do. -- Koon -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list