From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] glibc and standard baselayout minimalist installation
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:53:04
On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 13:05, david@×××××××××.com wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 02:05:54PM +0100, Vano D wrote: > > I also hope to see a subproject of gentoo-embedded be tiny gentoo > > installations as someone suggested before (i.e. using glibc) for use > > with bootable cdroms, small installations (solid state discs) and > > portage-dev-less installations. And why not also include the process of > > a bootalbe cdrom also in the subproject? Although I am aware it gets a > > bit off-topic.
It is off topic, but the stuff we do for embedded is applicable there. I suppose it could end up as a subproject.
> For these embedded systems it would be nice if we had a > baselayout-lite. I'm not convinced every init script for these tiny > processors needs to source 300+ lines of bash functions to just
I agree with this. I'm not sure if it would be better to maintain our own baselayout-lite, or if it would be better to try to make an option for the current baselayout to make a tiny install. My instincts tell me the former, but I don't think it would be too fun to maintain. :\ -- Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o> Developer, SELinux Hardened Gentoo Linux Embedded Gentoo Linux Public Key: Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] glibc and standard baselayout minimalist installation Vano D <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.com>