From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Alexander Gabert <pappy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@g.o, gentoo-hardened@g.o, uclibc@××××××.org, etoh@××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: [gentoo-hardened] uClibc-0.9.23/bardened-gcc-3.3.2 status
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 13:47:45
1 On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Alexander Gabert wrote:
2
3 > hi Peter,
4 >
5 > would you be able to submit your finale patches for the uclibc you
6 > modified?
7
8 You could wait a little, the pie patches could go into 0.9.24 (if Erik
9 will do it), else take the patches I have sent to the uclibc list
10 yesterday as tar.bz2 (not the separated ones sent earlier). The flipturn
11 patch from gentoo is mostly included into uClibc cvs, the remaining part
12 is attached.
13 I am enforcing NOELFRELOCS like behaviour in uClibc (I have it in
14 PaX/grsec too like this), this could not be conformant to what you want
15 to do. Really tested is the config with CTOR_DTOR enabled, the disabled
16 version works on "Hello world" as ET_DYN, no other tests done.
17
18 > I would love to include it in the Gentoo uclibc to make it able to be
19 > used with our unique propolice implementation!
20 The propolice implementation is what you've done with move-to-glibc, not
21 the new ssp_x86 (waiting further more for an answer on the file you've
22 sent me ;-( )
23
24 I have also sent all my specs/patches (not really sorted) for reference to
25 solar (3.5MB compressed), he will probably put them online, all were
26 tested with ET_DYN/propolice.
27
28 > Thanks very much in advance,
29 >