From: "Lutz Schönemann" <lutz.schoenemann@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Bootloader for Embedded System
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:17:00
Okay, now Lilo loads the first stage and returns the error-code 99. The
man-page contains a paragraph containing the error codes:
	99  invalid second stage index sector
and a detailed description:
"... Errors 99 and 9A usually mean the map file (-m or map=) is not
readable, likely because LILO was not re-run after some system change,
or there is   a geometry mis-match between what LILO used (lilo -v3 to
display) and what is actually being used by the BIOS (one of the lilo
diagnostic disks, available in the source distribution, may be needed to
diagnose this problem). ..."

But how can I get the right device-map needed for my embedded system? I
tried to create a CF card with the diagnostic disks data (writing on CF
instead of wirting to /dev/sd0) but the system doesn't even boot with
this CF-Card.